Academic FAQs

What do I need to submit to my Scholarship Academic Advisor at the beginning and at the end of each semester?
  • At the beginning of each semester, you need to send:
    • Your registration of classes for the current term
    • Your current I-94 entry record
    • Any documents that may have expired (passport, visa, I-20, etc.)
  • At the end of the semester, please send your academic advisor an official transcript of your grades and your plans for time between terms.
I want to change my major. How do I get approval from my sponsor to do it?


Each scholarship has its own regulations and procedures for changing your major. Please contact your advisor at the Cultural Division to find out the procedure for your scholarship.


Can I Add/Drop a course?

You MUST NOT withdraw from any courses that you have already registered for unless it is during the Add/Drop period that the university specified. You must be committed to the courses you selected for each semester or quarter.

You MUST maintain the minimum credit hours as required by the US immigration rules and regulations policy dictate that an undergraduate student is not allowed to register for less than 12 credits per term.

Not registering the minimum credit hours will render your residency in the U.S. illegal which will expose you to penalties such as detention or deportation.

Please note you may be responsible for the payment of the tuition fees of the courses you added or dropped. 

How many credit hours I take online?


Each scholarship has its own policy regarding how many credits of online coursework they will cover. Please check with your Cultural Division Advisor to find out how many credits your scholarship sponsor allows. All scholarships require pre-approval of online classes, so please also make sure you find out the procedure for getting that approval.


FAQs for New Sponsored StudentsFinancial, Medical, Airline Ticket, Passport & Other FAQs